Wednesday, August 12, 2009

New Beginnings...

I've never been laid off before. It's a weird feeling to suddenly have complete freedom and yet at the same time feel so restricted. Freedom in my day to go and do as I feel. I don't have to be anywhere at any specific time. I can freely make plans knowing nothing else is on my schedule. And yet, there are definite restrictions financially as to what I can do. Another thing happens too. I am treated differently. Usually I walk in the office and am greeted with "hellos" and "how are you doing today?" Now, no one wants to know the answer to that question, so no one askes. They just bow their heads to not make eye contact. Or I get that "I'm so sorry this happened to you look." I guess it is kinda an unique situation where I find out Tuesday that I am being laid off and my last day is Thursday. I appreciate their concern for me and allowing me to have 2 more shifts. However, those shifts are really brutal. Everywhere I turn, I see or do things that I know it's going to be my last. Everywhere I turn my heart aches a little more. Most of all I am going to miss my co-workers. 7 years together and they are all like family to me. Thank you to all of them for sharing their lives and office with me. You will all be in my prayers and deeply missed.

So that leaves me with...I don't know. Do I find a new job, go to school, stay home while Moose works?

I am starting a new beginning...

1 comment:

Lisa Dorcy said...

Kristy- Thankfully God is in control and knows the goodness that will come from this situation. I will continue to be praying for you and your family! Please let me know if there is anything we can do for you guys...even from far away!