Friday, May 28, 2010
Well, it was brought to my attention that I never gave a follow up to Ironman. Payton "earned" enough money after about a week and we took him to Target and bought an Ironman riding a motorcycle. It was difficult trying to explain that he couldn't afford the big Ironman. He only had enough money for the little Ironman. It was still cute when he handed his bag of money to the cashier! (We didn't make her count all the coins!) :0)
School for me is going well. Just finished my EKG and Clinical Procedures classes and all I have left are Medication Administration, Phlebotomy, then my Externship! It is going so fast and I am not sure if I am emotionally ready to begin searching for a real job in September. I've got a few more months to think about it.
Moose is moving his store this week...again. Hopefully the new spot will still have as much traffic as the last one and that they get to stay there a while longer.
Payton and Logan are out of school for the summer. Poor kids...their routine is going to be so off this next week with no school then the move. We've already started to prep them...but I am sure they don't realize what "move houses" really entails. We are just going to prep and pray!
On a side note, we are still trying to find new homes for Lily and Winston (the turtle). We'd like to find someone by word of mouth versus posting an ad. We want to be sure they go to safe, happy homes.
Well I guess that all folks. Sorry there are no pics...Jax got hold of the digital camera and now Best Buy has to fix it! :0) See ya all soon...
Saturday, May 8, 2010
- 6 - 4 roll packages of Marcal toilet paper --free
- 2 bags of Chex mix -- free
- 3 bags of Bugles -- free (Moose was excited!)
- 2 boxes of instant pasta salad mix-- free (but I had to buy 2 boxes of pasta @ $1.49 each)
- 4 bags of Steamfresh microwavable frozen veggies -- free
- 3 Nivea body washes -- free
- 1 Physicians Formula Bronzer/highligher/eyeshadow --clearanced at $3.99 (originally $15.99)
- 1 vanilla -- $2.39 because I needed it
Total with tax: $11.39
- 2 brownie mixes -- free
- 4 cake mixes -- free
- 4 frostings -- free (they had them buy 2 get 3 free! Then I added coupons, and since they will take coupons on the free items, I got them all FREE!)
- 1 box Ziploc storage bags -- $.49 (in ad coupon making it $1.49, limit 1. Then added my coupon from the newpaper)
- 3 Del Monte 4 pack fruit cups -- $.49 (again, in ad coupon made them $1.49, then add my newspaper coupons)
- 3 boxes of Capri Sun pouches and 2 Welches Grape juice --$2.00 (had coupons for each product and Safeway has a juice promo buy 5 save $5.00)
Total: should have been around $5.00 but I wasn't paying attention and they didn't take off the $5.00 for the juice promo. Even still I paid $10.50 including tax which was a savings of 82%!
I finished up my grocries at Fry's. There I got...
- 1 bag Kroger baby carrots -- $.33
- 1 Bag Lay's potato chips--free
- 4 boxes Raisin Bran cereal--$1.22 each
- 2 watermelons--$2.77 each
- 3 milks--$1.68 each
- 3 Sunny Delights --Free
- 1 Frenches mustard 20 oz--$1.00
- 5pk Kraft MacNCheese $3.49 (box had coupon on outside for free Capri Sun)
- 2 Capri Sun--Free (lady in front of me at check out gave me the coupon off her MacNCheese too! Score!)
- Plus $5.50 off my frozen food purchase (Fry's mailed me this coupon, probably because we spend too much of frozen foods!)
There was much more to this list, a lot of the stuff was not on sale but I needed it (like those frozen meals!). Another reason I shop mostly at Fry's is to get $.10 off per gallon (when you spend $100 in groceries) at their gas stations. I filled up the other day at only $2.61 a gallon!
Saved: $80.08 (39%)
I love Coupon Sense! There is nothing better than getting stuff you can use for free!!